These Zespri chicken tacos are great for giving you a health boost to prepare for winter! Perfect for times of stress, this simple recipe has a high vitamin C content, which helps to reduce fatigue and the risk of chronic diseases.
3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 red onions, sliced
2 red peppers, cut into strips
1.5ml tomato sauce
6 drops Tabasco sauce (or finely chopped chilli)
1 bunch coriander
2 Zespri Green kiwifruit, thinly sliced
1 tin sweetcorn, drained
- Place a large frying pan onto a medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil and sauté the chicken strips until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In the same pan, add two tablespoons of olive oil and sauté one sliced onion and the peppers for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken strips to pan, add tomato sauce and Tabasco and cook for a further two minutes.
- Blend the remaining onion with lime juice, half glass of water, pinch of salt and pepper and chopped coriander to form a thick paste.
- Fill the tortillas with the warm mix from the pan and top with the diced Zespri green kiwifruit and sweetcorn.
- Top with the coriander sauce and a few chopped leaves of fresh coriander. Serve right away
Recipe: Zespri Kiwi
Cold and flu season is upon us, so try these five foods to boost your immunity.