The nights are beginning to draw in, so get cosy and warm with this delicious vegan chilli con carne with tortilla chips from Ninja Foodi. Made with fresh chopped tomatoes and finished with smoked paprika, this recipe will have you ready for autumn in no time.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves, finely diced or minced
2 green bell peppers, diced
1⁄4-1⁄2 Jalopeno – adjust to personal
taste (minced and seeded for less spice)
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1⁄2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch of salt
600ml vegetable stock
1⁄2 can of chopped tomatoes
Black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can sweet corn (drained and rinsed)
Serve with Tortilla chips and vegan sour cream
Optional extra toppings:
Handful of coriander
Squeeze of Lime juice
Grated Vegan cheese
Press SEAR/SAUTEE button to Medium/High and press START/STOP
button, preheat for 3 minutes.
1. Pour olive oil into Foodi bowl and add onion, cook for three to four minutes, stirring frequently until soft and starting to change colour.
2. Add garlic, chilli and chopped peppers and cook for another two minutes.
3. Add spices, stock, tomatoes and quinoa and cook for one more minute.
4. Place the pressure lid on and ensure pressure valve is on Seal press PRESSURE on HIGH (Hi) for 10 minutes. When done press START/STOP button and flip the quick release valve.
5. Remove pressure lid and turn off Foodi.
6. Stir in Kidney beans, corn and black beans.
7. Let stand uncovered for 10 minutes to let the mixture slightly thicken.
8. Taste and re season if necessary and serve with optional toppings if required