Creamy and tangy, this salad from USA Rice is full of healthy fats, and makes for the perfect light dinner or side dish.
- 250g USA Wild Rice Mix
- 300ml red wine or stock if preferred
- 300ml water
- 300g seedless grapes
- 150ml red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 small brie
- 70g roasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the USA Wild rice mix into a pan with the wine or stock and water.
- Cook the rice for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick pan and add the grapes and vinegar.
- Cook the grapes for 3-4 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Chop the red onion and dice the brie into cubes.
- Chop the parsley.
- Stir the USA Wild rice mix, then when cooked transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Lift the pickled grapes out of the vinegar and into the rice bowl.
- Add the red onion, brie and parsley.
- Roast the walnuts and pumpkin seeds along with a good splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir the salad together and serve.