Protein and antioxidant packed, this porridge keeps you energised until lunch.
Vicky WarrellRead More
For a mega-antioxidant boost, mix 1 tbsp acai berry powder with your cooked quinoa.
Calories 522 • Total fat 31.1g • Sat. fat 7.8g • Protein 18.8g • Carbohydrates 44.5g • Sugar 12.3g • Sodium 60mg • Fibre 16.1g
1. Rinse the quinoa and place in a pan on the hob. Add the almond milk, then bring to the boil.
2. Turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for around 25 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
3. Add maple syrup or honey to taste.
4. Place in a bowl and top with the berries, nuts, and seeds.
5. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. Add a spoonful of acai berry powder, if desired.
Power Bowls by Kate Turner. DK, 3 October 2016, £6.99. Photography credit: Will Heap