This bowl is piled with nutrient-dense raw veg and rounded like a Buddha’s belly!
Vicky WarrellRead More
Calories 600 • Total fat 29.1g • Sat. fat 3.7g • Protein 13g • Carbohydrates 71.8g • Sugar 18.8g • Sodium 303mg • Fibre 9.2g
1. Soak the millet overnight in double the volume of water. Drain and rinse well.
2. Place in a saucepan on the hob. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until soft but not mushy. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Using a sharp knife, slice the corn kernels off the cob and combine with the cooked millet.
4. To make the dressing, combine the olive oil and vinegar in a small dish or glass jar and shake well.
5. Put a bed of millet and sweetcorn in a bowl and arrange the greens, beans, vegetables, and mango around it with a generous dollop of beetroot houmous in the middle.
6. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with sunflower seeds, and garnish with lime wedges.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
Power Bowls by Kate Turner. DK, 3 October 2016, £6.99. Photography credit: Will Heap