This recipe is a great way to use up any day-old bread and any leftover roast chicken or turkey. Try using white grapes or a mixture of the two for a burst of flavour.
- ½ ciabatta torn into bite sized pieces
- 100 g California Walnut Halves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g low fat natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100 g rocket
- 200 g roast chicken breast shredded
- 150 g red seedless grapes halved
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the bread and walnuts on a baking tray and toss in the oil to coat, season and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Mix together the yogurt, chives and vinegar, season. Place the rocket on 2 plates, drizzle with a little dressing, top with the croutons and walnuts then scatter over the chicken and grapes, then drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad to serve.
Recipe from California Walnuts.