Want a burst of energy for your morning workouts? Then try this deliciously simple no-bake energy bar recipe! You’re given the power of beetroot, a beloved superfood as well as the taste chocolate! Fear not though because this recipe uses dark chocolate, which is much healthier than milk or white.
- 250g of beetroot, cooked and chopped
- 5 tbsp raw honey
- 40g rolled oats
- 180g strawberry-flavoured soy protein powder
- 30g dried strawberries, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate chips
1. Line a 20x20cm baking tin. Blend the beetroot and honey together in a food processor until smooth. Combine the oats, protein powder and strawberries then stir into the beetroot. Press into the tin.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in a non-stick pan over a low heat, then spread over the top of the mixture.
3. Chill overnight.
Beetroot is a superfood, meaning it is packed full of healthy goodness and can help your muscles use oxygen more efficiently. So, this food is great to give you that powerful energy boost! But beetroots aren’t the only superfood. Find out about the power of beetroot and other superfoods here!
Why is dark better?
The dark isn’t scary when talking about chocolate. It’s lower in sugar than milk and white chocolate. For those needing more reassurance, hear from an expert about the benefits of dark chocolate and other tips for your sugar cravings here!
And don’t worry vegans, PETA has provided a guide for vegan chocolates so you too can enjoy this recipe, cruelty-free! Just click here!