You need to increase the challenge of each move in your workout in order to keep progressing and seeing results. Your body adapts to the demands you place on it, so the exercises that once were challenging can become relatively easy in the space of a couple of months. Here, we take a basic exercise for blitzing bingo wings and show you how you can develop the move as your strength increases.
1. Begin by placing two chairs facing each other around four feet apart. Sit down on one chair, with your hands just outside your thighs.
2. Walk your feet forwards and place them on the other chair. Lift your bottom so your bodyweight is supported by your hands and feet.
3. Lower yourself towards the floor so your elbows are bent at 90 degrees, then push through your hands to straighten your arms and repeat.
Aim to complete three sets of 12-15 reps. Keep your elbows close to your body throughout
DYNA-BAND CLOSEGRIP PUSH-UP
1. Begin in a push-up position, your hands shoulder width apart with a dyna-band placed across your back, holding an end in each hand.
2. Make sure there is tension in the band at this point. Slowly lower your chest to just above the floor, bending your elbows and keeping your upper arms close to your body.
Aim to complete three sets of 12-15 reps. Straighten your arms to return to the start and repeat. If you can do this comfortably, adjust the band so there is more tension at the start of the movement
Clothing: Muscle Finesse Better Bodies Support 2-Layer Top in Sangria (£53.95) and Cherry H. Hotpant in Black/Aqua (£28.95, both musclefinesse.com); Saucony Women’s Ride 5 Trainers (£95, saucony.com).
Equipment: USA Pro Mat, USA Pro Swiss Ball.
Photography: Cliqq Studios (cliqq.co.uk ),
Hair and make-up: Anna Thompson (teresafairminer.com),
Model: Lara Raybone (wathletic.com).