Named as People magazine’s world’s most beautiful woman for a record fifth time last year, Julia Roberts has made a household name for herself with roles in films such as Pretty Woman and Notting Hill. She recently turned 50, but insists that she doesn’t have any hang-ups about reaching the milestone. An avid fan of yoga, she lives in Malibu with her cinematographer husband and their three children, Hazel, Phinnaeus and Henry Daniel. Here, Julia shares her secrets to looking great and feeling even better.
- On turning 50 I feel so happy with my life and where I’m at right now. I think it’s more about that than the number itself, which might sound cliché, but the closer you get to turning 50, the more the clichés come true, I think.
- On getting older You start to realise, what’s the point in not being happy about anything? There’s no value to it.
- On beauty I use a lot of Lancôme, and that seems to be working!
- On diets It’s unfortunate the culture that we live in and the way that girls are really meant to panic about things like food and ageing and other things that can be so enjoyed and revelled in.
- On keeping in shape We all have our good days and bad days, so I think that showing kindness and gentleness towards ourselves is the most important thing.
To read the full interview (and discover a workout from Julia’s former personal trainer), pick up the May issue of Health & Wellbeing with Julia Roberts, on sale now.