Lose up to 3lbs in a week with this easy yoga routine
1. Stand with your feet together and your hands by your sides. Lift your hands above your head in a prayer position and then bend forward from your hips.
2. Place your hands flat on the ground. Bend your knees as much as you have to and look through your legs. Come onto the tips of your fingers and look forward.
3. Step your right foot back into a lunge and hold for five to 10 breaths. While you’re in this position, hold your arm up to the side and look up if you can.
4. From here, take your left foot back and then go into the plank position and hold for five breaths – you can increase this to up to 20 if you like. Come onto your knees and slowly lower yourself to the floor (this is called Chaturanga Dandasana in yoga).
5. From your stomach, place one of your hands on either side of your chest and slowly raise your head and shoulders up – there should be a comfortable arch in your lower back.
6. Flip your toes over and pull your hips towards the sky, moving into the downward facing dog pose and hold for five to 10 breaths.
7. Raise your right foot towards the ceiling and flex your raised foot. If you can, take your raised heel towards your bottom and hold there. Repeat on the other side.
8. Lower your leg back down to downward dog. From here, step your right foot forward into another high lunge. If you can, take your arm up towards the sky to do this and look towards the tips of your fingers.
9. Now, bring your foot forward into a forward bend once again, bending your knees as much as you need to. Keep your eyes on a point in front of you and rest on the tips of your fingers.
10. Finally, bend your knees slowly and curl your body all the way back up to the starting position, ready to repeat the entire routine.