Derived from New Zealand, manuka honey is a nourishing natural ingredient which has been used for centuries due to its incredible healing and anti-bacterial properties. A keen ingredient in both traditional and modern medicine, it has been used to treat acne, eczema, burns, wounds and ulcers. Boasting up to 100 times more antibacterial methylglyoxal (MG) than other types of honey, manuka is top of its game which is why many beauty companies include it in their products. British beauty brand SBC Gels pioneer miracle manuka so we caught up with the team to find out their top five reasons why.
1. It’s repairing Manuka honey soothes and nourishes fragile and stressed skin resulting in an improved skin health.
2. It can provide daily protection Manuka is used to soothe the most sensitive and delicate of skin and provides nourishment and effective daily protection for a smoother, healthier complexion.
3. It can calm inflammation Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, manuka honey reduces redness and relieves congested or inflamed skin.
4. It contains hydrating properties When applied to your skin, manuka will hydrate skin as well as absorb moisture from the air to promote a dewy and glowing complexion.
5. Great for anti-ageing Because of its moisturising properties, manuka hydrates skin without making it oily which is the first step to wrinkle-free skin.
Try it for yourself!
Get that glow back into your skin with SBC’s Manuka Honey and Orange Blossom Body Butter (£15) and Body Scrub (£18). containing skin-loving ingredients for healthy skin throughout the cold winter months, this revolutionary duo provides the ultimate relief for dull and dry skin, leaving you feeling nourished, revitalised and protected.